onsdag 30 januari 2013

Greta Ohlsson


The train driver started the motor and all the passengers were excited about the following days. I, Greta Ohlsson, opened the window of compartment 10, which is mine the whole trip, and my hair was blowing in the wind. It's Mary Debenham's to, the compartment, we share it, second class. The moon was shining in the dark and it reflected in my eyes. The train now have pretty fast speed so I pulled back my head and closed the window. I got kind of scared, because I didn’t notice that my roommate came in while I was living my life with my head out through the window. Right when I was going to fix my stuff and make my bed the waitress Sarah Walker came in and asked if I wanted any help to fix and pack up, she was a sweet girl and I received the help. Mary wanted to sleep in the top bed, so I let her, and then I made my bed. I felt hunger, I hadn’t eat since lunch, about 11 hours ago. Mary was packing up all her 3 bags, it was all clothes, clothes and some shoes... so well, I didn’t bather asking her to join me in the dining-car. I sat alone at my table, didn’t really know anyone, except Mrs. Hubbard and her daughter, but they had a kind of eagerly talk so I didn’t wan’t to disturb. Even though I was hungry I couldn’t eat that very much, it felt like something was wrong. I laid the napkin on the table and walked over to Mrs. Hubbard’s table anyway and had a little chat with her and her daughter. Right when I came, they stopped talking about whatever they were talking about before and instead we talked about dinner, which actually was very tasty. But after a while all three of us went back to our compartments. I walked through the hall and first when I came to my door I felt a terrible headache. I opened the door and walked strait to my purse and looked for an aspirin. No luck,  Mary Debenham wasn’t in the compartment so I couldn’t ask her for one. Mrs. Hubbard lived a few compartments away so I decided to walk over to her. But then I got unsure of witch was her compartment, and of course I chose the wrong door. There was Mr. Ratchett laying on his bed reading. He heard me and bracket his look in my eyes. 
- What are you doing here, Mrs. Ohlsson?
- I’m so sorry, Mr. Ratchett. I was going to Mrs. Hubbard but obviously I came wrong. I’m leaving. 
- You better. You are too old and too ugly, I don’t wan’t you in my compartment. 
I just got stabbed. Old and ugly? He doesn’t know how to talk with a lady. 
- Like I said, I’m sorry. 
I ended the conversation by closing the door pretty rough and then walked to Mrs. Hubbard instead. She was very welcoming to me from the moment she opened the door. 
- Hi Greta! What are you doing here? 
- I have this terrible headache and no aspirin. 
Mrs. Hubbard smiled too me and invited me in. She gave me an aspirin, we said goodnight and then I walked to my compartment again. My watch showed that it was 22:30 at night so I decided to go to bed. Mary was already sleeping in the top bed and snoring too which gave me a hard time trying to sleep and it took me nearly 30 minutes to fall asleep. 

It was morning. The sun looked throw the blinds and loose me right in my eyes. Outside the door I could hear people talking loud and upset. I got up and saw that Mary’s bed was empty. Right at that moment Mary opened the door and looked right at me. 
- Greta, come on! 
I didn’t care about changing my clothes, just walked out and there was really crowd of people trying to talk with the maid Wendy Lewis, all at the same time. 
- Mary, what have happened? why is everyone so upset? 
- Someone got killed last night. 
- Someone? who? 
- I don’t know, they are just about to tell us, quiet. 
Everyone had their eyes on the maid and she looked pretty nervous. 
- Ok, everyone just need to calm down. Go and eat breakfast and at the same time we that work here can talk about what we are going to about this accident. 
Mary took my arm and drew me back in our compartment. 
- Why don’t we go and eat breakfast? I asked.
Mary looked at me like if I should already know. 
- Are you really going and eat in public looking like that? 
I was only wearing my pink pajamas with teddy bears that looked like it was for someone in age 5. 
- Anyway, at 5 am this night I was going to the toilet, and I heard someone moaning. I called on the conductor and that’s when they found Mr. Ratchett. 
I lost my breath. 
- Did you hear anything else? 
- No, but Mr. Ratchett is dead. Now change if you are going to have breakfast with me, don’t go to the dinner-car with those lame pants. Or that shirt. 
Mary sighed and then walked out the door to the breakfast without me. I took a fast shower and then put on some new clothes. My jeans had holes on the knees but I didn’t bather, they matched my lazy t-shirt with flowers on. The clock was 10:am so I hurried to the breakfast so that I could eat with Mary. On my way to the dinner-car I met Mrs. Hubbard. She was kind of upset and right when she saw me she came right to me and started talk. 
- I need to tell you something, Greta. Yesterday it was someone in my compartment! I swear! So I called the conductor and when they came they was looking throw my room to sure me that there were no one there, and they found a knife! 
- Mrs. Hubbard! What was you doing with a knife? 
- It’s not mine! I don’t know how it got there. But then Mary Debenham shouted and the conductors ran over to her. After like 30 minutes they came back and said that Mr. Ratchett was murdered, and they think that it was with the knife they found in my compartment! And now I’ve been talking them out of thinking it was me, but I think I’m still suspect... What shall I do, Greta?
- And you didn’t do anything? 
- Of course not! My daughter was with me all night so I have proof. 
I gave Mrs. Hubbard a hug and said that it was going to be ok, if she didn’t do anything then she doesn’t need to worry. I continued walking to the breakfast and right when I walked throw the doors I started looked for Mary. She was still at our table so I sat down besides her and obviously smiled very lame to her, because she gave me that look that a fashion-freak gives you when your shoes doesn't match your dress. While I ate my toast I studied all the people in the dinner-car. Someone I haven’t talked to yet is George Arthur, he is a colonel and a little bird whispered to me that they found a button from a uniform in Mr. Ratchett’s compartment, that might be kind of suspect... I also heard one of the waitress’s talking and they said that at 0.40 this night Mr. Ratchett called to the conductor and said; C'est rien. Je me suis trompé. By translation that means; It is kidney. I cheated follows. But I think that he pronounced some words wrong and then it means; It was nothing. I was wrong. That sounds more right, but why french? Mrs. Hubbard didn’t kill him, I know that, and not Mary either. My eyes was lying on they, I know what they did and they are all going to pay for it. Those people murdered Mr. Ratchett. 

1 kommentar:

  1. Jag tycker om att du har skrivit så innehållsrikt och en lite längre text men det var lite stavfel här och där

    SvaraRadera