onsdag 23 januari 2013

Witness report

I think that Mr Ratchett travels under a false name. Probably to get away from something. I am pretty sure that it has something to do with some threatening letters that he started to get a few weeks ago. Here, I brought them.

"Thought you would double-cross us and get away with it? Not on your life. We are going to get you and we will. Some time soon. We are going to get YOU".

The last letter he got was the morning when we left Constaniople. I saw him ten o'clock in his cabin last night before the attack. I was writing notes about pottery and tiles that Mr Ratchett bought in Persia. I was writing them for a letter that he wanted to send. I sleep in compartment number 14 alone, the other compartment is empty. I read after dinner. Then in the evening I talked to this young English lady who is in compartment number 10. Then about 10 o'clock was when I wrote the notes for Mr Ratchett. After that I discussed world politics, the government of India and the Wall Street crisis with the Englishman Colonel Arthur. I usually think that Britishers are stiff-necked, but him I liked. We talked until two o'clock. Then I called the conductor to make up my bed and I went to bed. Colonel and I only left the compartment once to stretch our legs when the train stopped. But the door to our sleeping-car was locked, cold and it was snowing hard so we went back to my compartment. During our talk I saw the conductor pass twice. Once he was coming from the dining-car and the other time he was walking toward the dining-car.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar